Furniture plays a big role in amplifying the beauty of our homes. You should therefore take care of your home furniture as it is also a costly investment. If we take proper care of the furniture, it will look better and serve us for a long time. To help in maintaining your furniture, there are some dos and don’ts that you need to be aware of. Some of these are:
· Placing drinks and tea cups directly on the table may leave a very undesirable stain on it. Some stains are not easy to remove and may require that you scrub to remove them. This may lead to damage of the furniture. You should consider using coasters as they can improve life of the furniture.
· Do not expose leather furniture to direct sunlight. They may fade out their color due to the effect of suns rays. To protect your leather furniture from sunlight, use curtains and drapes
· Dusting of the home furniture is not advised as it can reduce their life. You are advised to make use of a clean cloth and/or by using polish.
· Do not keep shoes on the furniture, guests should be advised to leave their shoes at the shoe rack. Train kids to take care of your home furniture from an early age. They should also be trained to have their shoes off the furniture. Shoes leave dirt marks that are not so easy to clear. Removal of such stains not only time consuming, but also diminishes the beauty of the furniture.
· You should call for pest control services from time to time so that you can eliminate and prevent bed bugs and dust mites which may ruin your furniture.
· You should clean off spills from liquids immediately whenever this happens on your wooden furniture. The spills can mess the beauty of your home furniture.
· You should not move heavy home furniture by dragging directly; consider putting bumpers before dragging to prevent damage to both the furniture and the floor.
It is important to take care of your home furniture as it can save you a lot of money on repairs and replacements. For you to get a better service from your home furniture, you should ensure that you take utmost care in handling your furniture. These will ensure that you do not have broken and stained furniture in your home.